Stephanie K. Taylor
- HelloGiggles, Los Angeles, CA, September 2017-present
- The Billfold, remote, August 20717-present
- FabFitFun, Los Angeles, CA, March 2017-present
- Girls Soccer Network, Los Angeles, CA, January 2017-present
- Darling magazine, Los Angeles, CA, March 2017-December 2017
- TulsaPeople, Tulsa, OK, November 2013-October 2014
- Bee the Buzz Event, wedding planning blog, Minn., MN, April 2013-September 2013
- VANE music magazine, Oklahoma City, OK, August 2011-December 2013
Freelance Managing Editor
Girls Soccer Network, February 2017-January 2018
- Plan editorial calendar
- Help recruit and train writers
- Write and pitch lifestyle soccer related stories
- Edit and fact check 10 to 12 stories weekly
- Post daily on social media and helped grow the online presence by the thousands
- Create social media campaigns and maintain SEO
The Mighty, Burbank, CA, January 2016-January 2017
- Produced weekly newsletters for niche communities within The Mighty’s 85 million readership
- Edited 40-50 contributor stories each week using WordPress CMS
- Led distribution of stories to more than 300 nonprofit partners, while establishing connections with new nonprofits
- Assisted with editorial projects, including writing, editing, producing and promoting stories
Online Content Manager
We Are Beautiful, Tulsa, OK, October 2013-August 2015
- Managed online content central to the nonprofit’s mission of inspiring women to celebrate beauty
- Edited posts and maximized SEO to increase readership. Recruited and coached writers, assisted at photo shoots and events. Developed campaigns to expand social media presence
Chapter Adviser/ Editor
Her Campus Media, Boston, MA, August 2011-September 2015
- Launched the Oklahoma State University chapter of hercampus.com, the No. 1 website for college women. Recruited and directed a staff of 13 writers. Assigned more than 200 stories focusing on style, fashion, beauty and campus news
- Remotely managed five chapters, editing content and assisting with public relations
Delta Sky/ MSP Communications, Minneapolis, MN, January 2013-July 2013
- Wrote fashion, entertainment and travel sidebars for more than 5 million monthly readers
- Edited, researched, fact-checked and assisted with online destination guides
OSU Communications, Stillwater, OK, August 2012-May 2012
- Covered breaking news and grew OSU’s social media with strategic marketing
Essence, New York City, NY, May 2011- August 2011
- Brainstormed, fact checked and researched for Essence’s Entertainment section
Owasso Reporter, Owasso, OK, June 2010-July 2010
- Wrote three to four stories per week on local government, events and residents
OSU Alumni Association, Stillwater, OK, August 2009-April 2012
- Featured OSU alumni and alumni chapters through stories and press releases
PUBLIC RELATIONS/MARKETING EXPERIENCE
O’Neill Marketing Communications, public relations specialist, August 2011 to May 2012
- Led branding campaign for Crimson Poppy, a paper flower boutique. Developed media kit and publicity strategies.
Innovative State, founding member/account executive, Aug. 2011 to May 2012
- Helped lead the student-run strategic communications firm by developing marketing and public relations campaigns for local businesses.
Oklahoma State University Athletics, Posse Club suite attendant, Aug. 2010 to April 2012
- Assisted in communication between alumni and OSU athletics, coordinate game-day events and market athletic services.
AUXILIARY CAREER EXPERIENCE
English Teacher Assistant
World Education Program,/GreenHeart Travel, Greater Turin, Italy, Feb. 2018-May 2018
- Taught more than 200 Italian high school kids English, writing and journalism skills
Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, OK. B.A. News Editorial Journalism. Aug. 2009 – May 2012.
Honors and Accomplishments:
- Detroit Free Press Letters to the Editor and Editorial Cartoon contest winner, Detroit Free Press, March 2003.
- Al Neuharth Free Spirit Scholar and Oklahoma representative, March 2008.
- Yvonne Harris Journalism Scholarship winner, Tulsa Association of Black Journalists, January 2009.
- Miss Black Oklahoma State University, February 2011-February 2012
- Blogging, news writing, copywriting, marketing, strategic communications
- Editing, editorial planning, story framing and SEO
- InDesign, Photoshop, Protools, Microsoft Suite, Mail Chimp, Word Press
- Social media management and marketing
- She’s the First, college chapter founder. Lead the OSU chapter of the not-for-profit that raises money for underprivileged girls’ education. July 2011 to May 2012.
- Write Girl, volunteer. Mentor high school kids and coach them on different types of writing at weekly and monthly workshops. August 2016 – present.
- Reading to Kids, volunteer. Read to kids monthly in east L.A. elementary school. October 2016 – present.