Stephanie K. Taylor
Freelance Managing Editor
Girls Soccer Network, February 2017-present
- Plan editorial calendar
- Help recruit and train writers
- Write and pitch lifestyle soccer related stories
- Edit and fact check 10 to 12 stories weekly
- Post daily on social media and helped grow the online presence by the thousands
- Create social media campaigns and maintain SEO
The Mighty, Burbank, CA, January 2016-January 2017
- Produced weekly newsletters for niche communities within The Mighty’s 85 million readership
- Edited 40-50 contributor stories each week using WordPress CMS
- Led distribution of stories to more than 300 nonprofit partners, while establishing connections with new nonprofits
- Assisted with editorial projects, including writing, editing, producing and promoting stories
Online Content Manager
We Are Beautiful, Tulsa, OK, October 2013-August 2015
- Managed online content central to the nonprofit’s mission of inspiring women to celebrate beauty
- Edited posts and maximized SEO to increase readership. Recruited and coached writers, assisted at photo shoots and events. Developed campaigns to expand social media presence
Her Campus Media, Boston, MA, August 2011-September 2015
- Launched the Oklahoma State University chapter of hercampus.com, the No. 1 website for college women. Recruited and directed a staff of 13 writers. Assigned more than 200 stories focusing on style, fashion, beauty and campus news
- Remotely managed five chapters, editing content and assisting with public relations
FabFitFun, Los Angeles, CA, March 2017-present
- Wrote lifestyle stories for millennial lifestyle website about health and fitness, wellness, fashion and relationships.
TulsaPeople, Tulsa, OK, November 2013-October 2014
- Wrote numerous digital and print stories about the people, places and events in the city of Tulsa
Bee the Buzz Event, Minneapolis, MN, April 2013-September 2013
- Managed the wedding agency’s blog and increased wedding trend coverage
VANE, Oklahoma City, OK, August 2011-December 2013
- Produced in-depth features about up-and-coming musicians from Oklahoma City
Delta Sky, MSP Communications, Minneapolis, MN, January 2013-July 2013
- Wrote fashion, entertainment and travel sidebars for more than 5 million monthly readers
- Edited, researched, fact-checked and assisted with online destination guides
OSU Communications, Stillwater, OK, August 2012-May 2012
- Covered breaking news and assisted with the growth of OSU’s social media presence
Essence, New York City, NY, May 2011- August 2011
- Brainstormed, fact checked and researched for Essence’s Entertainment and Book sections
Owasso Reporter, Owasso, OK, June 2010-July 2010
- Wrote three to four stories per week on local government, events and residents
OSU Alumni Association, Stillwater, OK, August 2009-April 2012
- Featured OSU alumni and alumni chapters through magazine stories and press releases
PUBLIC RELATIONS/MARKETING EXPERIENCE
O’Neill Marketing Communications, public relations specialist, August 2011 to May 2012
- Led branding campaign for Crimson Poppy, a paper flower boutique. Developed media kit and publicity strategies.
Innovative State, founding member/account executive, Aug. 2011 to May 2012
- Helped lead the student-run strategic communications firm by developing marketing and public relations campaigns for local businesses.
STATEments, account member, Jan. 2011 to May 2011
- Assisted with public relations campaign for the student newspaper, The Daily O’Collegian.
Oklahoma State University Athletics, Posse Club suite attendant, Aug. 2010 to April 2012
- Assisted in communication between alumni and OSU athletics, coordinate game-day events and market athletic services.
Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, OK. B.A. News Editorial Journalism. Aug. 2009 – May 2012.
Honors and Accomplishments:
- Detroit Free Press Letters to the Editor and Editorial Cartoon contest winner, Detroit Free Press, March 2003.
- Al Neuharth Free Spirit Scholar and Oklahoma representative, March 2008.
- Yvonne Harris Journalism Scholarship winner, Tulsa Association of Black Journalists, January 2009.
- Miss Black Oklahoma State University, February 2011-February 2012
- Association of Women in Communication, Bookkeeper, Oklahoma State University. May 2010 to present.
- PRSSA, student member, January 2011 to present.
- Creative writing, news writing, editing, multimedia, photography, podcast, video and blogging experience
- Developing and executing public relations and marketing campaigns
- Creating design and layout with Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, Protools, Microsoft Suite
- Social media management
- College chapter founder of She’s the First, a not-for-profit that raises money for underprivileged girls’ education. July 2011 to May 2012.
- Children’s Miracle Network Dance Marathon founding executive member, June 2011 to May 2012.
- Stillwater Humane Society volunteer, Jan. 2011 to April 2012.